“Vicious Experiments” is Time Machine’s first step back into releasing hip hop music since “Life Is Expensive“ in 2008. The album includes guest appearances by Damu The Fudgemunk, Thes One (of People Under The Stairs), Raw Poetic (of Panacea), and Apathy.
The title pays homage to the late great Gil Scott-Heron, referencing a lyric from his song Tuskeegee #626. This new project finds influences in an eclectic array of music from Jamaican funk to Florida Bass to 70s Italian soundtracks up to contemporary hip hop and indie.
The process of creating these songs experimented with minimalist technology, including editing with consumer software like Garage Band, and recording some vocals straight into a laptop without the use of a microphone. The themes and the sense of humor are vintage Time Machine.
1. Sean Paul Sez 00:15
2. Nothing To Worry About 02:45
3. Tomorrow’s Oldies (feat. Damu The Fudgemunk) 03:51
4. Feel The Beat 02:57
5. Cocktails 03:01
6. Edibles 02:56
7. The Art of Tease (feat. Raw Poetic) 03:34
8. Truth (Tokyo Noir) (feat. Jesse Calico) 02:44
9. Winter Gear (feat. Apathy) 02:09
10. Thes One Sez (skit) (feat. Thes One of People Under The Stairs) 01:32
11. Alone In New York (feat. King Guttah I) 02:45
12. Inna Zone (feat. Juan Deuce) 04:16