In recent years, the German hip hop scene has become an incredibly diverse and globally recognized movement. For us, labels like Melting Pot Music, Sichtexot, and ENTBS are releasing some of the freshest sounds on the planet.
How, you wonder, did German artists get such a solid upbringing in hip hop to be building on the golden era sounds of the 90s? Well, this latest mix by Hubert Daviz for Heidelberg’s Radio Juicy shows exactly why the German scene is so dope.
Hubert takes a shovel and digs deep into old school records to dust off timeless cuts by artists like The Nonce, Large Professor, Lord Finesse, Jamal, and many more. If heads grew up bumping music like this, no wonder the hip hop is so ill in Germany!
1. onyx – maintain
2. main source – what you need
3. lord finesse – flip da style
4. mic geronimo – masta i.c.
5. rasco – run the line (lord finesse remix)
6. a tribe called quest – get a hold
7. large professor – the lp (for my people)
8. keith murray – the rhyme (jay dee remix)
9. redman – whateva man feat erick sermon
10. jamal – fades em all
11. erick sermon – do your thing
12. lord finesse – gameplan feat marquee
13. pete rock – what you waiting for
14. the nonce – on the road again
15. the roots – the hypnotic feat d’angelo
16. common – nuthin’ to do
17. i-n-i – center of attention
18. masta ace – the phat kat ride