Vin’S da Cuero recently released a record full of dope beats called ‘Put It On Wax’. To find out more about the French producer, he sat down with us to discuss twelve hip hop tracks that mean a lot to him and that have influenced him the most throughout his lifetime. The songs range from hearing the very first hip hop hit, all the way up to his own official music video called ‘The Drift’.
This mix ‘Drifting Through Time’ is accompanied by an article, written by Vin’S himself. He tells more about each track in chronological order and explains why he picked the tracks and what they mean to him. From dancing to De La Soul and being confused by Slum Village, to feeling part of a scene thanks to Hocus Pocus and smoking weed watching funny hip hop videos on MTV.
01. De La Soul – Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey)
02. Doc Gyneco – Passement de Jambes
03. Eminem – My Name Is
04. Limp Bizkit – N 2 Gether Now (ft. Method Man)
05. Reflection Eternal – Move Somethin’
06. Slum Village – Raise It Up
07. Jay-Z – 99 Problems
08. Kanye West – Through The Wire
09. Hocus Pocus – Hip Hop? (ft. The Procussions)
10. Pumpkin – L’Ascenseur
11. Beatspoke – If You Hunger
12. Vin’S da Cuero – The Drift (ft. RacecaR of Modill)